Millennium

3am this morning the credits rolled on Hornets Nest, marking the end of my book, film, film, book, film, book, film marathon of previous weeks.

Men_Who_Hate_WomenThe_Girl_Who_Played_with_FireThe_Girl_Who_Kicked_the_Hornets'_Nest_(film)

I feel kind of empty inside now, no longer having my friends Lisbeth, Mikael, et al. I’ll soon find new friends, once I become engrossed in another book, but this series was an emotional roller coaster. No doubt I’ll also be revisiting the films too: far too good to stay away from, plus they’re a great source for learning Swedish. Fitta! Smile with tongue out

One thing I have to say is about the actors in the Swedish and American versions. Overall, both are well written and the acting is fantastic. However, I prefer Michael/Noomi to Daniel/Rooney., but if Blomkvist got as much action on screen as he did in the books, James Bond would be a tad more believable, though Mr Nyqvist does have a certain rugged charm, and fits the general description of Blomkvist in the books, IMO. I just feel Daniel Craig’s looks would get the ladies into bed just as fast as they jump in the books. But both Sweden and America decided not to complicate things by including his other partners, and concentrated on Lisbeth, which is an essential occurrence in light of their future relationship (Kalle-fucking-Blomkvist) and how they ultimately ended up at her door, even though the film and book differ on that; hello? where were the bagels?

OK. My hand is hurting now – I’m one finger typing Sad smile MS sucks.

TTFN

0 comments: (+add yours?)