I’m Still Here

Ha, well, it seems M$ dropped support for WLW last year, so that was a wasted few hours. There;s even a tutorial on installing it on Windows 10 from MS Essentials 2012 – from Stefan Strangers’ Weblog. but as it’s rather old the link to wlsetup-all.exe is dead, but packrat that I am I had it on my 4Tb external hard drive – well, it was inside the Essentials MSI package, but they’re simple to extract. Rather than link my exe, here’s one from the Internet Archive with that you can follow the instructions in Stefan’s blog or …
Do the sensible thing and use Open Live Writer it’s free, in the Microsoft Store and looks and feels just like WLW without the ability to overload it with a zillion plug-ins (yet – they left that option in the settings, so ??)

Here’s a screenshot of me writing this bollocks a second ago., I like it, and considering my absence, it feels familiar. Just noticed my last post about the Millennium Trilogy – a lot has changed there, eh? Sony felt OK to make the Emoji movie but were unwilling to give in to Daniel Craig’s demands? What did he want? Blood of their first-born? I got me some reading to catch-up on before I watch Spider’s Web anyway. Well, listening mostly – I’m giving my eyes a break with an Audible subscription. Coupled with Kindle Unlimited, I got me lots of books in my Audible Queue.
Right, enough for this decade, see you when I get bored of life again Smile with tongue out


0 comments: (+add yours?)